FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Right to PrivacySince 9/11 there has been an increasing erosion of many of our rights. With the passage and subsequent renewals of the National Security Act, agencies have been able to listen to phone conversations, read emails, intercept mail, access financial accounts, even track library activity without warrants. Agencies are employing GPS tracking devices and there is increased possibility of drone aircraft following anyone’s movement.
What are our privacy rights? Who can know what goes on in our lives, our finances, our thoughts? How much are you willing to share? Share your talent and send your entries.
- This competition is open to all musicians in the “Border Regions” of West Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona, who write and perform in any musical genre. The prize will be a 4 hour recording session, provided at a state-of-the-art, digital recording studio and production house. All submissions must be original compositions of the Artist/Performer (maximum of 2 entries per Artist/Performer).
- All entries are free, there are no entry fees.
- Entry will be made on an official entry form (contact William Hudson, at email@example.com).
- Entrants will submit a CD recording of their entry (It need not be a professional recording, but should be clean enough that the listener can hear the melody and musical interpretation).
- Entrants will submit a written copy of the lyrics (so that the appropriate theme and poetic quality can be evaluated).
C/o Peter Falley 521 E. Lance Dr. Silver City, NM 88061
Evaluation CriteriaEntries will be evaluated by the judging panel on;
- How appropriate the song is relative to the theme (Our general right to privacy within our family and our home, to be free of “unwarranted search and seizure”, to be assured due process, etc.)
- Artistic lyrical styling, poetic interpretation
- Musical originality, styling