Violations of our civil and legal rights are happening every day, throughout the country.
Immigrants are held in detention for six months at a time, beaten and denied medical care, without formal charges against them. Lesbian and gay couples are denied basic rights that heterosexual couples take for granted, ranging from hospital visitation to health and life insurance benefits. Government agencies are violating our right to privacy by tapping our phones and monitoring our email communication.
These are just a few examples of rights violations people suffer on a daily basis.
You or someone you know may have experienced something similar. If so, we would like to hear about what happened and how it affected your life. We encourage you to share your story by:
- Commenting on news or articles we post
- Submitting an article to us to be published on our blog, the “Freedom Forum”
- Contacting your local chapter to share and take action
- Officially submitting your case to us for review (if it meets our selection criteria)
- Sharing with our online community through Facebook or Twitter